August 19 - 22, 2019
The Sheraton, Boston
Day 2: Digital Growth And New eCommerce Experiences - Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
Life is in the fast line for eCommerce and eTail! Discover what new eCommerce experiences are transforming businesses at rapid speed and breaking global sales barriers!
Transform SEARCH & ACQUISITION Summit Transform EMAIL & RETENTION Summit - Monday, August 19th, 2019 Transform CONTENT Summit - Monday, August 19th, 2019 Day 1: Always On: Omni-Channel And The Connected Customer - Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 Day 2: Digital Growth And New eCommerce Experiences - Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 Day 3: Retail Disruption And The Future Of eCommerce - Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
7:40am - 8:10am
- Registration Open In The eTail Hallway, Sponsored By Zaius
- Expo Open! Join For A Grab And Go Breakfast
8:20 am - 8:45 am Keynote: What’s The Digital Marketing Formula?
Is there a winning formula for building a brand in the digital era?” Brian gets asked this question, or one similar, by colleagues, associates, and peers. His answer has been the same for about a decade: There is always a “winning formula!” But that’s the wrong question. The question we should be asking is, “How do we find ours?”
Join Brian as he shares simple, powerful, and effective methods for helping you get on the journey of finding the answer. He’ll discuss:
• How to better leverage data science, and have better conversations at the front line to unlock key insights into your customer’s mindset
• Harnessing internal associate creativity and your brand’s share of their mind-space
• With the above in hand, gain the building blocks necessary to begin developing your brands’ digital formula
Brian BeitlerEVP, Chief Marketing & Brand Development Officer
9:00 am - 9:30 am Keynote Panel Discussion: Putting Your Brand Value Proposition At Your Core
Today’s customers are seeking authentic brand values and experience, and want to feel a connection to the brands that they shop. Hear how three different retailers are approaching digital messaging showcasing their brand values to engage their customers and drive loyalty:
• You can’t be everything to everyone: crafting the best value prop for your most valuable customers
• Ensuring a unique hook driven by fresh customer insights to get your customers shopping across channels
• Building the omni-capabilities to allow the customer to get what they need from any channel—and communicating with the customer the benefits behind it
• Providing content and experience to back up category expertise: the technology and touchpoints to execute informed decisions and buys
Sherrill KaplanHead of Marketing
Joseph B. MegibowCEO
Catherine LewenbergVP, Retail Omnichannel Digital
9:30 am - 9:50 am Keynote: LL Bean: The Story And Process Behind The Revitalization Of A Century Adored Brand
Chris McDonough is Chief Sales and Brand Officer at L.L.Bean, responsible for brand, marketing, media and e-commerce as well as the company’s retail stores, direct-to-Business operation and international division. Join Chris as he shows you how he and his team are revitalizing a 107-year old company for a modern, savvy customers.
Chris McDonoughChief Sales and Brand Officer
9:50 am - 10:40 am Sweet Treats Breakfast Break In The Expo
Get your sugar rush going with some breakfast goodies!
9:50 am - 10:40 am Working Mamas Meet-Up!
Are you a working mama and this work trip is the new vacation? Meet in the Social Lounge in the back of the Expo! Thanks to Splendid Spoon for supplying fun swag (limited quantities)!
10:40 am - 11:00 am Keynote: Headwinds Into Tailwinds: The Six Digital Strategies
Brands today continue to be under intense pressure as evidenced by a record number of soft earnings releases and chapter 11 Filings. This presentation identifies key market pressures that are impacting online retailer marketing efforts. Examples are used to illustrate how some brands are effectively blunting the impact of headwinds. And others riding tailwinds to drive strong sales.
The take away will be six strategies for success That brands can effectively leverage to maximize their digital marketing efforts.
Shelagh StonehamSVP, Marketing
11:00 am - 11:20 am Keynote: Micro Moments That Can Lead To Big CX Wins
Examining the small interactions, often on mobile, can greatly influence purchase decisions. As such, you need to ensure you are mapping out the customer journey to better understand when these micromoments might occur. This panel delves into:
• Creating personalized micro-moments to engage your most valuable customers
• Ensuring that relevant, localized, easily digestible information is readily available
• Measuring success
Winnie ShenSenior Director of the Data Cloud
11:20 am - 11:50 am Keynote Panel Discussion: Fostering Innovation: Rethinking The Omni Organization Today
Omnichannel is not a one team initiative. For omni-organizations today, there is an order of magnitude when it comes to ensuring that innovation is successful. Teams must start with one product to test, and then increase the tests per product to ensure all is seamless. Bar none, it’s all about testing, iterating, and pivoting, as agility is core to innovation. The leading executives on this panel present:
• The eCommerce performance areas executives are looking to redefine
• Knowing your customers’ interactions matter more than ever—how to put them at the core of experimentation
• Defining a retail hypothesis and clearly outlining the business process gap
o Exploring new tech initiative fill this gap
• Life in the fast lane: keeping up with new tech that are furthering advancements and powering personalization
• Experimentation at scale: the milestones before launching new tech into overdrive
Michele ParzianelloSVP eCommerce
Parinda MuleyVP, Innovation & Business Development
Jason WilliamsVP Customer Technology
DICK's Sporting Goods
Diane BurleyVP Content Marketing
11:50 am - 12:15 pm Keynote Fireside Chat: Personalized Digitization—Barneys New York As A Creative Venue For Immersive Retail
Barneys New York is a leader in innovative fashion and retail experiences. With a legacy of discovering some of fashion’s biggest names, the globally renowned multi-channel retailer is dedicated to identifying the newest trends in luxury. This keynote will address Barneys’ continued growth, as it evolves as a creative venue for experiential retail, supported by rich editorial content, advanced data-driven personalization, and cross-channel collaborations like thedrop@barneys and The High End. Join Katherine as she discusses Barneys New York’s approach to marrying the online and physical retail experience, customer segmentation, and further expansion into key international markets.
Katherine Bahamonde MonasebianChief Digital & Technology Officer, EVP
Barneys New York
Kim BhasinU.S. Luxury Reporter
12:15 pm - 12:35 pm Turning The Page: How New Chapter Launched Its D2C Business With BigCommerce
Direct-to-Consumer selling enables a key alternative for the omnichannel shopper and is a high-margin business. The imperative is to serve these omnichannel consumers with options, information, and personalized engagement.
Rory Foster of New Chapter and Marc Ostryniec of BigCommerce will showcase the opportunities and lessons learned when New Chapter, a legacy, wholesale retail brand, transformed into an agile, direct to consumer brand with the end goal of becoming an Experience Driven Business (EDB).
Rory FosterDirect-to-Consumer Marketing Manager
Marc OstryniecSVP Sales
12:35 pm - 12:55 pm GUEST SPEAKER! Your Company Doesn’t Need a Digital Strategy
It seems that the whole retail world is talking about digital transformation. But most of those conversations miss the key point. As sexy as it is to speculate about new technologies such as AI, augmented reality, and the internet of things, the focus on technology can steer the conversation in a dangerous direction. Because when it comes to digital transformation, digital is not the answer. Transformation is. Creating a “digital strategy” can focus the organization in ways that don’t capture the true value of digital transformation. You don’t need a digital strategy. You need a better strategy and execution, enabled by digital. In this session, George Westerman, Principal Research Scientist, MIT Sloan School Of Management, shows you how to do just that.
Dr. George WestermanSenior Lecturer
MIT Sloan School Of Management
12:55 pm - 1:55 pm Meet and Greet Lunch For All Attendees
You’re feeling inspired and motivated by today’s sessions, but be sure to take a break and get ready for more this afternoon!
12:55 pm - 1:55 pm Invitation Only Private Workshop & Lunch Hosted By Alphonso
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey1:55 pm - 2:05 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies1:55 pm - 2:05 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Track D: Retailer Only Connections1:55 pm - 3:15 pm Partnership Pavilion
Are you a retailer that loves partnering with other brands? This meet and greet is for those who are looking to leverage new partners to break out of their mold and gain exposure to a new customer base. Engage with people in the moment that can lead to long-term partnerships.
Track A: Driving Data, Analytics & AI2:05 pm - 2:25 pm Using First Party Data To Drive Efficient And Effective Marketing Through The Funnel
First party data is among any brand’s most valuable assets. But there are challenges every step of the way for brands: obtaining the data, organizing it, and putting it into action in ways that drive brand love and commercial value.
In this session, Sarah discusses how New Balance has come to develop and deploy a rich store of first party data to deliver marketing campaigns and communications consumers love, while driving higher ROAS for all marketing investments through the funnel.
• Launching and scaling an omni-channel loyalty program to link consumer data across disparate & formerly siloed touchpoints
• Layering first party data with predictive analysis for more efficient and effective prospecting – from bid strategies to creative and copy development
• Using a CDP to automate multi-channel, multi-touch campaigns triggered by 1-1 consumer behavior
• Bridging the data gap to offline marketing – using first party data to inform strategies and executions from out of home to print to physical retail
Sarah StalneckerHead of Global Analytics
Track A: Driving Data, Analytics & AI2:25 pm - 2:35 pm Radware Innovation Spotlight
Executive Presenter, Radware
Track A: Driving Data, Analytics & AI2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Panel Discussion: Collaboration And Data Sharing To Capitalize On Future Growth
As customers become more reliant on digital technology, retailers should accelerate their data strategies to build better interactions with customers. As customers interact more with data-deployed tech, especially AI-driven tech, digital experiences can feel more human, offering a higher quality experience across channels. Discover:
•Centralizing data and hiring data scientists to assess qualitative growth
•Developing and implementing a cohesive strategy for data sharing to achieve business goals
o Iterating, pivoting, and scaling customer data
• Breaking down silos to bridge the gap between marketing and IT
• Data dashboards: showcasing metrics to communicate business value to the company
Munan XueHead of Growth Marketing
Nabin GhimireDirector of Analytics & Optimization, Global eCommerce - Direct to Consumer
Courtney GraybillVP, Customer Experience & Product Management
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey2:05 pm - 2:25 pm Mobile: Why Customers Are Addicted (And What Marketers Can Do About It)
• See how mobile has changed the way customers shop and what marketers can do about it
• Understand the psychology to what makes mobile (and the content on it) so addictive
• Add marketing tactics to your toolkit to help you better reach (and convert) your customers
• Better position mobile media as a revenue-generating channel within your media mix
Erin EverhartSr. Manager, Marketing
The Home Depot
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey2:25 pm - 2:45 pm Innovative Tech Presentation
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey2:45 pm - 3:15 pm eTail Tonight: High Growth Strategies From Leading Disruptors
Join this showcase to take a look at brands who are taking a technology first approach to growth. Discover how they are using tech to impact customer behavior and purchase patterns and exponentially grow their business by:
• Assessing commonalities among a group of leading disruptors
• Thinking about what you can do differently to speed up innovation and encourage risk taking
• Creating a customer-obsessed organizational culture to drive sustainable growth
• Growth hacking with a lean team of experts to fuel amazing results
• Using VoC techniques to truly understand the unmet needs of your customers
Chloe ThompsonVP, Commerce
D.J. CoffmanGlobal Head of Growth Marketing
Hilary Fischer-GrobanBrand Director
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies2:05 pm - 2:25 pm Panera Keynote
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies2:25 pm - 2:45 pm Innovative Tech Presentation
To present a cutting edge technology that is changing retail eCommerce, contact Chet Silverman at 646-200-7478 or CSilverman@wbresearch.com
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Panel Discussion: Using Data To Improve UX And Customer Interaction
With customer expectations at an all time high, how are you personalizing your site and providing a smooth and seamless experience at every visit? This diverse group of panelists will walk you through their approach to UX and the strategies for success by:
• Discussing the impact that data has had on the design community thus far
• Thinking about the possibilities for data and UX in the near future
• Building and training AI to automate more of the tedious legwork
• Using AI to personalize the user experience
• Thinking about the implications of AI on design systems and data analysis
Sidney DunnDirector of Loyalty, Americas
Rocky SharmaSr. Director, Product Management, eCommerce
3:15 pm - 4:00 pm Happy Hour In The Expo
It’s the happiest hour at the happiest conference you’ve ever been to!! Grab a pint to and keep the fun going. Expo closes at 4:00pm.
3:15 pm - 4:00 pm Top Chef Meet-Up!
Is cooking or baking your favorite past time? Join this meet-up in the Social Lounge to swap recipes and get inspired for your next dinner party!
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Invitation Only Craft Beer Tasting Hosted By Project Verte
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Invitation Only Tequila Tasting Hosted By Salsify
Track A: Driving Data, Analytics & AI4:00 pm - 4:20 pm Connecting The Dots For Linear TV Viewership
Amid the many types of content available to consumers today, TV is a media mainstay. Yet despite content fragmentation across devices and platforms, linear TV remains a primary source of entertainment and news for U.S. adults, and not just in the comfort of their homes. Today, news on linear TV transcends location, as people of all ages and walks of life; Framebridge is taking advantage of this mobile medium and targeting customers. Join Matt as he presents strategies to:
• Map out beginning steps of linear TV
• How to connect it back to eCommerce
• Best practices to target customers
Matt CarringtonVP Marketing
Track A: Driving Data, Analytics & AI4:20 pm - 4:30 pm Innovation Spotlight
Track A: Driving Data, Analytics & AI4:30 pm - 5:00 pm eTail Tonight: Integrating AI For A More Efficient eCommerce Experience
With so much to do and so little time, retailers are loving how AI is alleviating the manual processes of their teams used. Discover how these teams are:
• Creating content to campaign execution—the digital marketing uses of AI
o Driving to once source of truth for all analytics and measurements
• From Bots to Buy—using AI for onsite experiences to promote preferences and new product recommendations
• Challenges identified in AI implementation – what obstacles are the hardest overcome
• Predications: where AI can ultimately take retail while we are still in its test and learn environment
Maya GumennikHead of Marketing, SmarterTravel
Aditya RaoGroup Product Manager
Heidi MaundDirector of eCommerce
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey4:00 pm - 4:20 pm Confessions Of A Marketer
Luke Droulez CMO Parachute Home
Luke Droulez CMO Parachute Home
Marketing today is increasingly a data-driven practice that interweaves customer insights, and brand and business goals. In our evolving retail landscape, the greatest advantage for a marketer is to understand the customer journey in its entirety. As Parachute’s first hire, Luke took ownership of building out the company’s systems and teams, from initially running operations, to tech, and now marketing. Luke’s atypical path has allowed him to extend his expertise beyond advertising campaigns and analytics as he’s grown alongside the brand – an anomaly in the world of competitive startups. Luke shares his journey and the most pertinent lessons he’s learned during his tenure at Parachute.
This discussion will address:
• Learning the rules – and how to break them
• Structuring your team – how do you organize functional groups to work cohesively
• Understanding the customer journey – as well as measurement
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey4:20 pm - 4:30 pm Innovation Spotlight
Track B: Digital Marketing And The Customer Journey4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Panel Discussion Remix: Changing Your Approach To Conversion Optimization – Getting Results Now
Customers enjoy online shopping to discover products and look at options, and today’s tech tools lead to an easy informative process. The leaders on this panel shares their tip for conversion and:
• Discuss the latest tools to help analyze your current conversion rate issues
• Analyze new testing methods and practices that are working
• Review the changes you have made that have improved conversion whether it’s your shopping cart or your product descriptions etc.
Yaa StanleyVP, eCommerce
Andy NelsonDirector of Ecommerce Analytics and Optimization
Nicholas HendersonHead of Digital Strategy
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies4:00 pm - 4:20 pm FTD : Adventures In Replatforming To Create Delightful Shopping Experiences
FTD has a 109-year history in helping our customers say more with flowers, and includes a portfolio of gifting brands including FTD, ProFlowers, Shari’s Berries, Personal Creations and Interflora in the UK. In 2018, FTD embarked on a bold mission to transform our shopping experience into one that was enjoyable, easy, mobile friendly and enabled our customers to have confidence in their choices. Dimple and team built an experience on a modern technology stack using category and brand specific insights to create emotional expression and make buying simple and fast. This presentation covers three key areas:
• Build vs. buy decisions when addressing a complex business model
• Using small wins based on consumer insight to create tailwinds for larger bets
• Creating a culture built on three tenets: design as a core competency, technology as a differentiator and speed to market as an enabler
Dimple RaoVP, Head of Product Management, UX & Design
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies4:20 pm - 4:30 pm Innovation Spotlight
Track C: Testing & User Experience Efficiencies4:30 pm - 5:00 pm eTail Tonight: War Room Stories Of Re-Platforming
Before you make the move to replatform, learn the “war room stories” of these executives as to what are the features and functions you need to have to succeed:
• How to keep up with new platform releases and updates to ensure there are no holes
• Planning the re-platforming move in a tactical way
o Collaborating with Search teams to prepare for a new URL structure
• Ensuring support and troubleshooting for sales flows are not underestimated at re-launch
• Managing C-suite expectations as there may not be an instant boost
Jim KrallSr. Director, Omnichannel & Digital Marketing
Dara MeathDivisional CIO
Gail ApplinManager Website Experience
Amie HansenVP of Strategy and Digital
The Rockport Company
Track D: Retailer Only Connections4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Women In eTail Networking Reception & Panel
Okay ladies, let’s get information! Listen and be inspired by an accomplished entrepreneurial panel of fierce femmes; then, cultivate new friendships and discuss the issues that were raised on the panel.
Nathalie Molina NiñoFounder BRAVA Investments and Author
Leapfrog: The New Revolution for Women Entrepreneurs
Christine MonaghanVP, Digital
Marguerite AdzickFounder & CEO
5:00 pm - 5:40 pm Retailer Only Roundtables (Pick A Table And Grab A Drink)
Relax with a cocktail at the end of the day, and connect with retail peers and discuss and collaborate on a topic below:
1. Getting the Most Out of Affiliate Marketing
Mark Murphy, Director of Digital Marketing, Coldwater Creek
2. Mobile, Product, And Merchants…Oh My!
Sumantro Das, Senior Director, Product and Growth Brands, 1-800-Flowers.com
3. Gifts Vs Personal Consumption: Know The Differences To Grow Your Retail Business And Retain Customers
Corey Newhouse, Founder & CMO, ICG America, Inc.
4. The Membership Mindset: Attracting, Retaining And Curating Your Customers
Molly Steinkrauss, Director of Brand and Public Relations, SmarterTravel (A TripAdvisor Company)
Mark MurphyDirector of Digital Marketing
Sumantro DasSenior Director, Product and Growth Brands
Corey NewhouseFounder & CMO
ICG America, Inc.
Molly SteinkraussDirector of Member Marketing & Activation